Terms and Conditions of Use
The FreeFunder.com website is owned and operated by FreeFunder LLC, hereafter referred to as "FreeFunder." By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on FreeFunder's web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on FreeFunder's web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by FreeFunder at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
FreeFunder reserves the right to discontinue any campaign for any reason at any time!
The materials on FreeFunder's web site are provided "as is". FreeFunder makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, FreeFunder does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall FreeFunder or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on FreeFunder's Internet site, even if FreeFunder or a FreeFunder authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on FreeFunder's web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. FreeFunder does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. FreeFunder may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. FreeFunder does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Payments and Refunds
Payments made through the FreeFunder site are passed on directly to the Campaign Owner (minus Platform Fees, when applicable) immediately and are not refundable. FreeFunder cannot guarantee the legitimacy or authenticity of any particular fundraising campaign, so you should only provide donations or payments to people you know and trust.
Creating a campaign on FreeFunder is free, and when donations are made to a campaign FreeFunder does not take any part of it. Contributors have the option to include an additional donation to FreeFunder, and this is voluntary. If contributors do not wish to donate anything to FreeFunder, they can opt out of that voluntary donation by clicking the link that says the donation amount and "recommended donation to FreeFunder," which appears below the total donation amount. Stripe, our payment processor, takes a fee of 2.9% + $0.30 from each donation, and none of that goes to FreeFunder.
Payment processing services for Campaign Owners are provided by Stripe and are subject to the Stripe Connected Account Agreement, which includes the Stripe Terms of Service(collectively, the “Stripe Services Agreement”). By agreeing to this agreement / these terms or continuing to operate as a Campaign Owner on FreeFunder, you agree to be bound by the Stripe Services Agreement, as the same may be modified by Stripe from time to time. As a condition of FreeFunder enabling payment processing services through Stripe, you agree to provide FreeFunder accurate and complete information about you and your business, and you authorize FreeFunder to share it and transaction information related to your use of the payment processing services provided by Stripe.
Campaign Owner Responsibilities
Campaign Owners must make every effort to fulfill any promise made during or after their campaign in connection with their FreeFunder campaign. If the Campaign Owner is unable to fulfill their obligations to those who have donated to their campaign (whether those Contributors have the expectation of a reward or not), they must make every effort to remedy the situation, possibly including refunding donations to Contributors.
Campaign Owners must comply with all applicable laws and regulations in the use of donations and delivery of rewards. Campaign Owners are responsible for collecting and remitting any taxes that may be due on donations, and any taxes due in connection with rewards. FreeFunder may attempt to verify the identity and other information provided to us by Campaign Owners, and we may delay, withhold, reverse or refund any donations without notice or liability in the event we are unable to verify any such information to our satisfaction.
Campaign Contributor Responsibilities
Contributors are completely responsible for asking questions and investigating Campaign Owners and campaigns to whatever extent they feel is necessary before making a donation or contribution to their campaign. All contributions are made voluntarily and at the sole discretion and risk of the Contributor. FreeFunder does not investigate the validity of any campaign, does not guarantee that contributions will be used as promised, does not guarantee that Campaign Owners will deliver rewards, and does not guarantee that the Campaign Owner will achieve the goals of the campaign.
Campaign Owners and Contributors are prohibited from creating or donating to Campaigns related to the following:
- any activity that violates any law;
- cause or encouragement of harm to people or property;
- content or campaigns that are fraudulent, misleading, inaccurate, or dishonest;
- illegal drugs, controlled substances or other products that present a risk to consumer safety;
- knives, explosives, ammunition, firearms, or other weaponry or accessories;
- annuities, investments, equity or lottery contracts, lay-away systems, off-shore banking or similar transactions;
- any form of gambling;
- the promotion of hate, violence, harassment, discrimination, or intolerance of any kind;
- the defense or support of anyone alleged to be involved in criminal activity;
- legal counsel and/or services related to divorce or child custody;
- offering monetary rewards, including gift cards;
Campaign Owners are not permitted to offer or provide any of the following as a Campaign Reward:
- any form of "security" (as such term is defined in the Securities Act of 1933);
- any form of financial incentive or participation in any profit sharing;
- any alcoholic consumer products;
- any controlled substance or drug paraphernalia;
- any weapons, ammunition and related accessories;
- any form of lottery or gambling;
- any form of air transportation; or
- any items promoting hate, discrimination, personal injury, death, damage, or destruction to property; or any items (a) prohibited by applicable law to possess or distribute, (b) that would violate applicable law if distributed, or (c) that would result in infringement or violation of another person's rights if distributed.
By uploading content to FreeFunder you authorize FreeFunder to use that content for promotional purposes. For example, FreeFunder may distribute Press Releases about campaigns on the site, and may use details provided by the campaign owner. Only text, pictures and video that is publicly available on the campaign page will be used for promotional purposes. Do not upload any content for which you do not have the rights.
FreeFunder donates to FreeFunder fundraising campaigns based on Facebook shares. The share thresholds at which FreeFunder donates may change at any time. Currently FreeFunder donates $20 to campaigns that reach 100 Facebook Shares, and another $50 to campaigns when they reach 500 total Facebook Shares. The share count assumed by FreeFunder is approximate due to the information Facebook makes publicly available. When someone visits the "Donate" page for a fundraiser, FreeFunder retrieves information from Facebook about the share count. Unfortunately the number that is returned is not specifically "shares," but rather the total number of "Shares," "Likes," and "Comments." For this reason, we approximate the number of total actual Shares by taking the number returned, dividing it by 2, and adding 1. This approximation is based on the difference observed between a previous version of the Facebook API which separated those different actions and the new version, which combines them. For more information about this known issue, please see this Facebook Developer Bug thread: Incorrect Share Count.
FreeFunder has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by FreeFunder of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
Any claim relating to FreeFunder's web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Washington without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
DMCA Notice and Takedown
Upon notice, we will remove or request that a third party remove Content from FreeFunder that infringes the copyright of others and to the extent we are able to do so we will disable access to our Service by anyone who repeatedly infringes the intellectual property rights of others. FreeFunder processes claims of copyright infringement in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, 17 U.S.C. § 512 et. seq (the "DMCA"). The DMCA addresses the rights and obligations of owners of copyrighted material who believe that their rights under U.S. copyright law have been infringed on the Internet, as well as the rights and obligations of Internet Service Providers on whose servers infringing material may reside. However FreeFunder will also process claims of copyright infringement in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, 17 U.S.C. § 512 et. seq (the "DMCA") for owners of copyrighted material who believe their rights have been infringed in their jurisdiction, the jurisdiction of the infringing website owner. The application of US Copyright Law cannot apply legally but the process of conducting a takedown request will be the similar.
Upon receipt of written notification provided in the manner required by 17 U.S.C. § 512, or through the approved online application below we will:
- Act expeditiously to remove, or disable access to, the Content that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity;
- Forward the written notification to the alleged infringer; and
- Take reasonable steps to promptly notify the Content provider that we have removed or disabled access to the allegedly infringing Content.
If you believe that your work has been copied, adapted, reproduced, or exhibited on FreeFunder in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or if you believe that your work has been rebroadcast, redistributed, re-streamed, encoded or transcoded or otherwise reproduced in a way that violates your intellectual property rights, and you would like FreeFunder to remove the allegedly infringing Content from FreeFunder.com, you must provide written notice of the claimed infringing activity and include the information listed below.
Your notice must include substantially the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the owner or of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- Identification of the copyrighted work (or works) that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of the material that you claim is infringing, and the location where the original or an authorized copy of the copyrighted work exists (for example, the URL of the page of the web site where it is lawfully posted; the name, edition and pages of a book from which an excerpt was copied, etc.);
- A clear description of where the infringing material is located on the web site, including as applicable its URL, so that we can locate the material;
- Your name;
- Your address;
- Your telephone number;
- Your email address;
- A statement that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
NOTE: THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS PROVIDED SOLELY FOR NOTIFYING OUR DESIGNATED CONTACT OR AGENT THAT YOUR COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL MAY HAVE BEEN INFRINGED. DO NOT SEND ANY INQUIRIES UNRELATED TO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT (E.G., REQUESTS FOR TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE OR CUSTOMER SERVICE, REPORTS OR E-MAIL ABUSE, ETC.) TO THE CONTACT LISTED BELOW. YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE IF SENT TO THAT CONTACT. WE CAUTION YOU THAT UNDER FEDERAL LAW, IF YOU KNOWINGLY MISREPRESENT THAT ONLINE MATERIAL IS INFRINGING, YOU MAY BE SUBJECT TO HEAVY CIVIL PENALTIES. THESE INCLUDE MONETARY DAMAGES, COURT COSTS, AND ATTORNEYS FEES INCURRED BY US, BY ANY COPYRIGHT OWNER, OR BY ANY COPYRIGHT OWNER'S LICENSEE THAT IS INJURED AS A RESULT OF OUR RELYING UPON YOUR MISREPRESENTATION. YOU MAY ALSO BE SUBJECT TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION FOR PERJURY.
Designation of Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement
Attn: Scott Eickmeyer
2910 1st Ave S Suite 201
Seattle, WA 98134